- Starters for the most parts can be rebuilt using the local auto parts store in your area. If you want a new unit
they are just starters, just transfer the rubber shield over. Note just like the trucks and cars there is a big and small
block starter for the boats. That is 5.7-5.8 liter or the 460 engines. Engine starter solenoids are the same. Best to take
your old unit in to compare.
- Carburetor kits are the same need to go by the OEM number on the carburetor usually has
number stamped on the side
- Water pumps have special fitting for boats.
- Fuel pump can be used but port and
fitting may not be the same. That said there are electric fuel pumps that have built in regulator for 6-8 pounds made by Holley
(red cap) about $200.00 plus, but they work great. No priming the gas to the engine on start up.
- In-line fuel filter
for the most part the same. That said best to use water separator/ filter unit.
- Engine gasket rebuild kit the head
gasket material is not the same.